Code review is an engineering practice in terms of agile development methodology. This is an analysis (inspection) of the code in order to identify errors, shortcomings, discrepancies in the style of writing the code, in accordance with the written code and the given tasks.
- Improved code quality
- Find errors (typos) in the implementation
- Increased code sharing
- The code is brought to a integral style of writing
What can be inspected:
Any code is suitable for a review. However, the review must necessarily be carried out for critical places on your webstore
- Transmission and processing of important information - processing money transactions, etc
Reasons you need code review:
- Webstore is unreliable and crashes constantly for no apparent reason
- Significant testing efforts required
- Longer reindex cycles
- Poor performance – webstore runs slower than expected hence decreasing usability
- Components of code are becoming too dependent on the developers who created them.
- Unexplained memory leakage
- Security holes
If you are facing any similar issues, Fixstaks could be your best code review partner. Fixstacks offers code review services throughout the project’s lifecycle for ensuring better quality code for your products and solutions that enhance maintainability, performance, security and scalability by ensuring timely, regular and consistent code review practices throughout the product development lifecycle.
Steps to follow
Step 1: Request a quote to get in touch with us
Our manager will answer your request as soon as possible
Step 2: Discussion
A support ticket is automatically created and immediately sent to our team. The experts will contact you as soon as possible to find out the webstore functionality, design, and architecture and to obtain access to the source code.
- You will need to send us the access data and information about the extensions you would like to have installed, and our professional team will examine* your webstore.
*This might take 2-3 working days according to time-zone, holidays or days-off.
Step 3: Code scanning
We provide you with a complete or partial review of the codebase to identify technical vulnerabilities in all areas of your webstore. The source code for critical features of the application is reviewed manually, with a focus on areas that typically carry the most risk – for example, source code impacting application security items such as authentication, authorization, session management and payment processing code.
Step 4: Report preparation
Fixstacks takes the results of both the automated source code analysis and manual review and makes a full report, detailing all vulnerabilities uncovered during the testing process along with severity levels and recommendations for how to remediate each vulnerability that was identified.